7 ways to do dessert on the grill
When it comes to grilling, we usually think meat, poultry, fish and vegetables. Go beyond the obvious with these 7 grill-friendly desserts!
Yep, you can make chocolate fondue on the grill! To do so, place roughly chopped chocolate or chocolate chips into a saucepan with a little bit of liquid cream. Place the saucepan on the grill and let it gradually melt from the heat of the coals, stirring constantly. Once the chocolate is completely melted, get to dipping—strawberries, pineapple chunks, bananas, berries or even cookies/rice krispie treats would be ideal options.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!