Surf 'n' Turf Skewers
Marinated beef skewers In An Asian Inspired Sauce
- •1 lb. of beef sirloin, cubed
- •1 lb. shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- •24 to 48 wooden skewers, soaked at least one hour
- •mixed vegetables cut into large chunks
- •¼ cup hoisin sauce (preferably garlic flavoured)
- •¼ cup peanut oil
- •½ cup soy sauce
- •½ cup balsamic vinegar
- •1 tbsp. brown sugar
- •4 cloves of Grill Roasted Garlic, mashed
- •1 tsp. Bone Dust BBQ Seasoning
- •½ tsp. chili flakes
- •¼ tsp. each of onion and garlic powder
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Average budget
1.In a non-reactive bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, oil, soy, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, bone dust and the onion and garlic powder. Whisk well. Divide the marinade between the beef and the shrimp and allow them to marinate for 8 to 24 hours.
2.Soak your skewers if using bamboo ones, for at least one hour.
3.Skewer the beef and shrimp, alternating between them and the vegetables.
4.Oil your grids and preheat your grill to high, about 400°F to 450°F.
5.Grill your skewers until the shrimp is opaque and slightly pink, basting with the marinade. If you would like to use the remaining marinade, be sure to bring it to a simmer for at least 5 minutes over medium high heat.
You'll also love
- Beef Kebabs with Cheese 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Kauai Chicken 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Steak Soup 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Beef and Mint Salad 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Ramen Stir Fry 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Spice Rubbed Pork Chops 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Meat rubs 4/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.
Review this recipe