Cheerwine Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- 1/2 cup of Crisco
- 3 cups of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of lemon extract
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of cheerwine soda
- 5 drops of red food coloring
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter, Crisco, and sugar. Add eggs and beat after each egg is added. Add salt and flavoring, beat. Alternate flour and soda, stir in food coloring.
Bake for an hour to an hour and a half. Cool for 15 minutes, then flip.
More food coloring can be added to change color. Turns more pink with 5 drops of food coloring.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake 4/5 (177 Votes)
- Soda Pop Icing 3.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Grammy's pumpkin pie/ custards 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cookies- So Easy 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Muffins 2.7/5 (40 Votes)
- Berry Cake with White Chocolate 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Triple Orange Poke Cake 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Aunt Mary's Cold Water Pound Cake 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!