Aunt Mary's Cold Water Pound Cake
A light but nicely solid like a pound cake should
Be. An almond flavoured white icing makes this
Cake even more tasty.
- 1 CUP OF BUTTER
- 2 CUPS OF WHITE SUGAR
- 3 EGGS
- 1 TSP. FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 1 TSP. VANILLA
- 1 CUP COLD WATER
- 3 CUPS WHITE FLOUR
- 1 TSP. OF BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TSP. Salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Using a hand mixer or by hand mix together butter and sugar until blended.
Add the eggs one at a time as in mix ingredients together
After adding each egg.
Add lemon juice
In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
Slowly add to the wet ingredients snd blend together.
Add cold water last to your mixed ingredients and
Bake in a greased tube or cake pan at 350° oven for 1 hour or more depending how hot your oven gets.
Chrck with toothpick in center of cake, if it comed out
Clean remove from oven.
Let cool and frost cake with a simple white icing using
Almond flavouring or use your choice of flavorings.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake 4/5 (177 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Hobson Crumble Cake 2.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Oreo Cookie Cake 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Burgers & Fries 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Weekday Chicken Casserole 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pie Dough (makes 5 crusts) 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Leibys Challah 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!