Weekday Chicken Casserole
This is a quick and hearty casserole suitable for a quick weeknight dinner. It's also a great way to re-purpose leftovers. Pair with a salad for a filling meal.
- 2-3 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon herb de provence or chicken seasoning blend
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan by coating it with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine first 5 ingredients, set aside. In a medium bowl combine soups, milk, salt, pepper and spices, stir well. Add soup mixture to vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and margarine until bread crumbs are coated.
Remove casserole from oven. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over top of chicken mixture.
Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until bread crumbs are lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pop Pop Bird's Potato Soup 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Roll-up del Ray 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ultimate pot Pie 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken & Dressing Bake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Biscuits for Strawberry Shortbread 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.