Biscuits for Strawberry Shortbread
- 2.5 c flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- .5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar(opt)
- .5 c cold butter
- .75 c milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg+1tbsp milk for brushing on top
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut butter into dry ingredients til pea size. Add wet ingredients and mix together gently.
Put on a floured surface and roll out fairly thickly, either with a rolling pin or your hands.
Use a large mouthed cup to make rounds, and place on cookie sheet.
Brush with egg mixture and bake 15 mins or til browned
Split in half and fill with strawberries and fresh whipped cream
dont get fussy with how its rolled out
You'll also love
- Gramma Brett's Peanut Butter... 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Butterscotch Squares Gramma Brett 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Vanilla Icing 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Grandmas Meat Loaf 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry soup 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Ultimate Chicken Fingers (courtesy... 1.6/5 (68 Votes)
- Ginger Shortbread 2.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.