Strawberry Shortbread Protein Cookies
Folks, I set out on an impossible task yesterday morning. After years of research on how to cut down the fat and calories of recipes, I still hadn't found a recipe for for healthy shortbread that looked half decent. However, after MANY searches later, I came upon a recipe that both drastically reduced the amount of fat and had added protein in the form of protein powder! I made my own little tweeks to the recipe and I am proud to present you with these.
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- pinches of salt & baking soda
- 1 scoop Strawberry protein powder
- 1-3 Tbsp Splenda, depending on taste
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients until just combined (do not overmix, or else the dough will be too tough). Form the dough into a ball and wrap in clear wrap. Refrigerate for 20-30 mins.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Roll out dough using a roller and use your favorite cookie cutters to make the shapes. Place the cutout cookies on a greased cookie sheet and refrigerate for another 10 mins.
Bake cookies for 8-10 mins.
You'll also love
- Amy Penwell's Fruit tart 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Sugar - Free Banana Pudding 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Starcrunch cookies 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Petite Strawberry Tarts 3.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Molasses Cookies 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Mommy's Strawberry Pie 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Shortbread 3.6/5 (37 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This cake is made of cookies, and takes only a few minutes to prepare!
2 cups of white chocolate
1 cup of cream
2 cups of dark chocolate
1 cup of cream
4/5 cup of milk