- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp corn syrup (Rogers)
- 1/3 + 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Semi sweet bakers chocolate
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Toast almonds and set aside 1/3 for the top and 1/2 to mix into the brittle.
Mix all other ingredients,except almonds, in pot over med heat.
Cook until boiling and golden brown (hard ball or brittle thread stage when put in cold water)
Remove from heat and mix in almonds.
Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Let cool for a few minutes and gently wipe off excess butter from top of brittle. While still hot rub the squares of baking chocolate over the top to melt.
Sprinkle with almonds.
You'll also love
- Crunchy Almond Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- cannaoil 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Granola Bars 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Carrot halwa 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Whiskey Cake 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Baked Potato & Broccoli Snack 4/5 (19 Votes)
- blueberry coffeecake 4/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!
Review this recipe