- I cup butter
- 1/2 cup fruit sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup candied ginger
- 1 tsp ground ginger
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Lightly knead all ingredients and press into 9" x 9" square cookie tray
Bake at 300F for 45 minutes
Cool and cut into 1" pieces
You'll also love
- Dirt Pudding 2.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 2.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Bread Lady Bread!! 2.3/5 (1 Votes)
- Soba Noodles Soup w/ Spinach and... 2.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Christa’s Favorite Juice 2/5 (5 Votes)
- My Classic Shortbread Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shortbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe