Bread Lady Bread!!
- 16 C whole wheat flour
- 1 T salt
- 2 T vital wheat gluten
- 1 T dough enhancer
- 1/2 C oil
- 1 C honey
- 6 C warm water
- 2 T SAF instant yeast
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix 8 cups of flour and rest of ingredients, except yeast.
Mix, add yeast, mix.
Continue adding flour until dough comes off sides of bowl. (not too stiff, somewhat sticky)
Knead on #1 for 15 minutes.
Divide and shape dough into 5 greased loaf pans.
Let rise 35 minutes.
Bake 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Pop loaves out of pans and cool on wire rack.
1 C lecithin granules
1 T vitamin C powder
1 T ground ginger
You'll also love
- WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for... 4/5 (114 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter... 1.8/5 (4 Votes)
- One-Dish Chicken Tamales 2.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Homemade Brownie Mix 1.8/5 (41 Votes)
- "Crispy Creme" like Doughnuts 2.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 2.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Corn Bread 1.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Better than Sex Cake 2/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!