GG's Red Velvet Cake
- 1 1/2c granulated sugar
- 2c oil
- 2 eggs
- 1t baking soda
- 1t salt
- 1t vinegar
- 2T cocoa
- 3oz red food coloring
- 1t vanilla
- 1c buttermilk
- 2 1/2 c plain flour
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1t vanilla
- 1c chopped walnuts (optional)
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cooking time 35mins
Cream together sugar and oil. Add eggs. Afd soda, salt, vinegar, cocoa, food color, and vanilla.
Alternate adding flour and buttermilk. Divide into 3 cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°.
Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add other ingredients. Mix well.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Red Velvet cake 4/5 (5 Votes)
- "Crispy Creme" like Doughnuts 2.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Best Strawberry Cake 1.7/5 (68 Votes)
- Big momma cinnamon roll 2.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter... 1.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Baby Food Cake 2/5 (50 Votes)
- Carmel cheesecake cookies 2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!