Baby Food Cake
Rate this recipe 2/5 (50 Votes)
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 small baby food jar each of apricots, applesauce and carrots
- 1 c. favorite nuts, optional
- 1/3 c. soft butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 lb. powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, mixing each time you add an ingredient.
Grease a cake pan and pour in batter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 min. or until you can poke it with a toothpick or fork and the toothpick or fork comes out clean and batter-free. Let cool.
Mix ingredients in bowl, thin out with a little water or milk if needed, then spread frosting over cake and sprinkle with nuts if desired.
You'll also love
- Carmel cheesecake cookies 2/5 (6 Votes)
- Hot choclate fudge sauce 2/5 (5 Votes)
- Cookie Sheet Brownies 2/5 (3 Votes)
- Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies Ever! 2/5 (3 Votes)
- Hot dish (tomato sauce based) 2/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry Pudding Cake 2/5 (2 Votes)
- Applesauce Cake with Apple Cider... 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Toot's Pepper Mix 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe