Applesauce Cake with Apple Cider or Orange Sauce
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- ¼ cup apple cider or orange juice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients with a fork in an ungreased square pan. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake 35-40 minutes.
For the sauce, heat all ingredients to rolling boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
May serve with or without a whipped topping.
You'll also love
- Jewish Apple Cake 4.3/5 (93 Votes)
- Apple Knobby Cake (Mrs. Cheney's... 3.1/5 (142 Votes)
- Apple Cider Cupcakes 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple McIntosh Cake 3.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Welcome Autumn Apple Cider 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Orange Chicken 2.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken with Orange Sauce 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Squares: Cranberry Crumble 2/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.