Apple Cider Cupcakes
Perfect desert when its below degree's outside.
The aroma is one to fill the house with smiles!
- For the cupcakes
- 3 cups unpasteurized apple cider
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- For the icing
- 2 cups apple cider
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into bits and softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Make the cupcakes:
In a large saucepan boil the cider until it is reduced to about 1 1/2 cups and let it cool. In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together the shortening and the sugar until the mixture is fluffy and beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Into the bowl sift together the flour, the cloves, the cinnamon, the baking soda, and a pinch of salt, stir in the reduced cider, and combine the mixture well. Divide the batter among 18 paper-lined 1/2-cup muffin tins and bake the cupcakes in the middle of a preheated 375°F. oven for 25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Transfer the cupcakes to a rack, let them cool in the tins, and remove them from the tins.
Make the icing:
In a saucepan boil the cider until it is reduced to about 1/4 cup and let it cool. In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese, the confectioners' sugar, the reduced cider, and a pinch of salt until the icing is smooth.
Spread each cupcake with some of the icing.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Cookies 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Eggless Banana Walnut Cake 4.2/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Brownie Waffles 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Fudge Cupcakes with Peanut Butter... 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Apple Crunch 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Oreo Rice Krispies 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Nutella Brownie Cupcakes 4.1/5 (38 Votes)
- Hot Apple Pie 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.