Baby/Kid Friendly Vegetable Soup
A veggie soup for your little ones. For babies, just substitute the chicken stock for water and omit the salt and pepper. You can also reduce the quantity of onion depending on your baby's taste.
- 150g of cauliflower
- 3 carrots
- 3 turnips
- 100g snap peas
- 150g green beans
- 2 onions
- 1 cub of low-fat chicken stock
- 4 stalks of parsley
- 10g butter or sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and cut all the vegetables and the onion into small pieces.
In a pan, melt the butter and cook the onions until soft and transparent.
Add the carrots and turnips to the pan. Cover with 50cl of stock or water. Bring to the boil, then turn down and let simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the cauliflower and peas to the pot. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add the snap peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
Once all the vegetables are cooked, add the finely chopped parsley.
You can blend this soup with a hand mixer if you're serving it to a baby, or you can leave little chunks of veggies for an older child.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees