Winter Lentil Soup
Hearty red lentil soup
- Red Lentils
- Red Quinoa
- Turnip Greens
- White Navy Beans
- Chicken Stock
- Pinches of flour
- Pinch ginger
- fresh or Canned diced tomato
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Cook Navy Beans
In pan cook onion, celery, garlic. Add salt and pepper. Cumin and ginger.
Add flour and make roux. Then add stock. Let simmer and chop up turnip greens.
In big stock pot or crock pot add soup base, cooked navy beans, red lentils, turnip greens, red quinoa, and tomato.
Cook for about an hour letting all the magic happen and is ready!
Substitute the chicken broth for a vegetable broth and it becomes vegetarian.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!