- Roast Beef
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 large onion
- salt & pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 150mins
Cost Average budget
Mix mashed garlic, cumin, mustard, pinch of salt and pepper, sugar together. Set aside.
Drizzle bottom of baking dish with oil.
Spread cut up vegetables (carrots & celery) and onion on the bottom of the dish.
Spread salt and pepper on all sides of beef roast. Brown all sides on heated pan on stove top.
Spread rest of the mustard mixture on roast and place on top of the vegetables. Add thyme and rosemary.
Put in the pre-heated oven at 400 F and bake covered for 2 hrs, then uncover and bake another 30 min or until sides are crispy.
Serve with potatoes, vegetables or dumplings.
You'll also love
- Pulled pork 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Farfalle 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Appalachian Jerky Instructions 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Slow Roasted Hen & Vegetable Medley 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Salmon Chowder 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Delicious Chicken Noodle Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Roast Beef 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Roasted Leg Of Lamb 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.