Inside-out Beef Wellington Bites
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 10 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallots
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- coarse salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 400F. On a lightly floured surface, toll out 1 puff pastry sheet to 10x10 inches. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, punch out 25 circles. brush each with beaten egg. Place on a cookie sheet, evenly spaced, and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with second pastry sheet. Set baked rounds aside.
Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, and thyme. Cook for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, season steak with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and remaining 1/8 pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook steak 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 130F. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Slice into thin bite-size pieces.
To Assemble: Place a bit of mushroom and a piece of steak on each round. Garnish with fresh thyme and a pinch of coarse salt.
You'll also love
- Steak and Cheese Pie 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushroom Recipe - Joe's... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken- Saucy Peri Peri 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Apple Feta Cheese Crumble Salad 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Garlic Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Extreme Nacho mix 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Won Ton Soup 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Diver Selected Scallops 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.