How to Make Cloud Eggs
Cloud eggs are light and carb-free. The breakfast of champions!
WHAT ARE CLOUD EGGS?
Cloud eggs are a delicious, low-carb breakfast with a meringue-like texture, crowned with a warm, soft yolk.
Despite their elaborate appearance, cloud eggs are actually easy to make! Next time you have friends over for brunch, blow them away with our cloud egg recipe. Once you master this technique, feel free to customize your cloud eggs with all your favorite ingredients!
For 2 servings, here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- salt and pepper to taste
- bacon bits (optional)
- grated cheese to taste (optional)
- fresh herbs for serving
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Pour the egg whites into a bowl and reserve the yolks in individual containers so they don't break.
- Using an electric mixer, whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line tray with parchment paper. Use a ladle to make 4 mounds with the whites, leaving a small hole in the center to put the yolk.
- Bake egg whites for 5 minutes at 400° F.
- Remove tray from oven and add an egg yoke to the center of each cloud. Continue baking for 2-3 minutes, until the yolk has reached the desired consistency. When removing them from the oven, lift the clouds carefully with the help of a spatula.
You can add flavor to your cloud eggs by adding bits of bacon or grated cheese before popping them into the oven. But they're still delicious on their own. Serve on toast, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!