Best Bran Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups natural wheat bran
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
In large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, oil, molasses and sugar until well blended. Stir in bran; let stand for 5 minutes.
In small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add to egg mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in raisins (don't overmix).
Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins, filling to top. Bake in 400F (200C) oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until firm to touch. Makes 12 muffins.
Honey-Oat Bran Muffins variation: Use honey instead of molasses and oat bran instead of wheat bran. Berry Bran Muffins: use fresh (or frozen, unthawed) blueberries or cranberries instead of raisins.
You'll also love
- Porikadalai urundai 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- CHEESE SCONES 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Basic Single-Serve Pancake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Bread 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Easy Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Almond and Pumpkin Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Classic 8oz Pound Cake 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Abstinent waffle 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?
Review this recipe