Coconut Flour Pancakes
I’m loving these pancakes for 4 main reasons: 1) they’re nice & fluffy, 2) they taste great, 3) they’re gluten free, & 4) you get a pretty decent serving size for the calories.
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 5 drops liquid stevia (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract (or vanilla, maple, etc.)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (topping)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter, slightly melted (topping – I used chunky coconut PB)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 4mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat a griddle coated with non-stick spray to medium heat.
In a medium bowl, combine egg whites, extract & sweetener, then whisk together.
Add in the coconut flour & baking powder. Mix well. Batter will be thick.
Spoon onto the griddle & make about 3-4″ sized pancakes. Batter will need to be spread a bit & won’t bubble when it’s ready to flip, so keep an eye on it. I wait about a minute & look for hints of steam/smoke when it seems about ready.
Cook both sides, then plate as you go along, making a cute little stack.
Topping time! Add whatever toppings your heart desires & have fun with it, but in a healthy way. Try adding some fresh fruit and/or nuts…. I love adding strawberries and/or banana & of course – PB!!
*Note: These pancakes can be a bit fragile, so the larger you make them, the more easily they may break apart… they require a bit of a delicate hand & work better in smaller sizes.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Easy as 1-2-3 Cinnamon Rolls 3.8/5 (31 Votes)
- Crumb Cake: 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Brinjal pitla 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Amelia's Potato Pancakes/Latkas 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Coconut Filled Chocolate Cake... 3.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Pannekoek 4.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Perfect Meringue 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.