Chocolatey PUMPKIN Flax Pancakes
I know that many of you are fans of my Chocolate Flax Pancakes (thank you), so I know you’re just going to LOVE these – especially with all of the pumpkin craze going around! Besides, pumpkin AND chocolate together – AMAZING, right? Right.
These are sugar-free (none added – I use Stevia), & gluten-free (just watch the topping ingredients – check labels if you have Celiac). They’re packed with protein, fiber, & healthy fat! Plus, they taste so good!!
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp of Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 12-14 drops liquid stevia (or other sweetener – I used the NuNaturals Vanilla)
- 2 tbsp Libby's canned pumpkin puree
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp melted peanut butter (for topping)
- 1 small banana
- sliced (or fruit of choice for topping)
- Dash of cinnamon on top
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Heat a non-stick pan or griddle coated with some non-stick spray to medium heat.
In a medium bowl or mixing cup, combine 4 egg whites & stevia, then whisk together.
Add flaxseed meal, cocoa powder, pumpkin, nutmeg, & cinnamon. Whisk thoroughly.
Whisk in the baking powder… it will be slightly lumpy. Set aside for at least a minute.
Chop banana or fresh fruit & get PB ready for topping, if desired. Set aside.
Pour the cocoa mixture onto the griddle in about 3 "blobs". Flip after 30-60 seconds, when it starts to look solid on the bottom.
Once pancakes are done, stack them on the plate, then top with the fresh fruit & drizzle some warm PB (or syrup) on top.
You'll also love
- Orange Chicken 3.7/5 (134 Votes)
- Healthy Banana Date Mini Muffins 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Summer Squash Frittata 3.6/5 (78 Votes)
- Banana Hors d'oeuvres 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tofu McMuffin 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Freezer Friendly Skinny Breakfast... 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Bubble Bread/Monkey Bread 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- breakfast crepes 3.2/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?