Best Egg white spinach sandwich
A whole wheat sandwich super healthy and delicious....My husbands favorite to go lunch snack.
- 1) 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2)Butter or margarine for spreading on bread
- 2) Egg whites (1/2 cup)
- 3)Spinach leaves (Fresh 3-5 Leaves)
- 4)Olives (cut into thin slices) 2-3 olives
- 5)Sun dried tomatoes (3 Slices)
- 6)Ranch (Fat free dressing)
- 7)Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1) Toast 2 slices of whole wheat bread.
2) Butter the toast with low fat butter or margarine.
3)Take a small frying pan preferably the size of a poached egg and drizzle some oil on to the pan.When it gets heated add the egg white and sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
4)Let it cook for 3-4 minutes and flip it in between.Cook till its set and not wiggly.
5)Take it out of the pan (after its cooled slightly)and place it on one of the buttered toast slice.
6)Spread the fat free ranch on top of the egg white with a buttering knife (about 1/2 tsp)
7) Cut the sun dried tomatoes into thin slices and place on top. (I use the Costco sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and Italian spices)
8)Place thecut up olives and spinach leaves( washed and towel dried) on top.
9)Place the other toast in top.
You'll also love
- POACHED EGGS 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for... 4/5 (114 Votes)
- Vegan Club Sandwich 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Popeye Smoothie 2.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Healthier Frosting 3.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Mom's Spinach Salad 2.7/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chia Overnight Oats 2.5/5 (152 Votes)
- Sloppy joe grilled cheese 2.6/5 (352 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!