Country Ham Sandwich
- 2 pickles
- 4 individual rolls with sesame and/or poppy seeds
- 1 fresh tomato
- 2 slices of ham
- 2 slices of prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 lettuce hearts
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the rolls in half and spread with butter.
Garnish with a few leaves of lettuce and a slice of tomato.
Alternate with your ham and prosciutto slices.
Cut pickles in four, cut into cubes and place on the ham.
Add the shallot with parsley on top.
Close the sandwich with the second half of bun.
You'll also love
- Ham Terrine with Zucchini 3.2/5 (201 Votes)
- Lamb chops and carrots with orange 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Tomato Biscuits 3.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Penne with Vodka Sauce 2.8/5 (127 Votes)
- Ham and Cheese Strata 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Monkfish in bittersweet sauce 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Cucumber sandwiches 3/5 (16 Votes)
- Egg Salad Sandwich 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.