Toasted Camembert and cornichons
By Pauline , blog 189162
- 8 slices of multi grain bread
- 2 slices of ham
- ½ camembert
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 4 cornichons or pickles
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 4mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat a panini make if you have one.
Remove the camembert's rind and cut into small pieces. Cut ham and pickles into slices.
Spread butter lightly on one side of each slice of bread and on the other side spread mustard.
Place on the mustard of 4 slices of bread pickles, ham and cheese. Do not salt because of the pickles.
Top with remaining 4 slices of bread. Place the buttered side on your panini maker or pan. Brown approx 4min. Serve immediately with salad.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!