Easy Versions of Julia Child's Most Iconic Dishes
August 15th marks the birth of Julia Child and has become an unofficial holiday for the food-obsessed. Credited with having brought her love of French cooking to America, she's still deemed a true culinary icon.
So, go grab the red wine and let's get cooking some of her most famous recipes!
© Joyful Healthy Eats
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
The classic boeuf bourguignon becomes absolutely effortless with the help of your slow cooker. Simply brown the chuck roast in a large skillet before adding beef stock and red wine. Throw the meat into a slow cooker along with herbs, carrots and mushrooms. Voilà! It's the ultimate French comfort food.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!