Ham Terrine with Zucchini
- 10 oz cooked ham
- 2 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz (2 cups) Gouda
- 1 scant cup of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
Carefully wash the zucchini without peeling. Cut into slices and blanch 3 minutes in salted water. Put them to drain in a colander.
Meanwhile, prepare the filling: Cut the ham into uniform pieces and finely chop in a food mixer. Add eggs, peeled garlic, pepper, salt (very little). Pour the oil in small amounts while continuing to mix until the filling is smooth.
Finely slice the gouda.
Butter a loaf pan and line bottom and sides with zucchini slices. Arrange a layer of filling, a slice of gouda, some zucchini and so on, alternating layers. Finish with a layer of filling.
Settle well into the pan before covering with a double aluminum foil.
Place pan in a water bath and bake in middle of oven for 45 minutes.
Cool completely before putting in the fridge for 3 hours minimum. Unmold before serving.
You'll also love
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Squid Provencal 3.4/5 (186 Votes)
- Indian yellow lentils with zucchini 3.1/5 (201 Votes)
- Mozzarella Stuffed Garlic Rolls 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Chili Garlic Lime Shrimp 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Cookie Cutter Eggs 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Jans Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Ham wrapped Cheese Skewers with... 3.9/5 (91 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!