CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tsp vanilla
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Beat eggs until light & foamy.
In a large bowl, add the oil, sugar, zucchini & vanilla. Mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cinnamon.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the "wet" ingredients and stir until combined. Do not overmix.
Bake in 2 greased 9x5 loaf pans for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Remove from pans at once and let cool on a wire rack.
If desired, add 1/2 cup chopped nuts to the dry ingredients.
You'll also love
- Cake 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Crispy Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars 3/5 (30 Votes)
- Vegan/Gluten Free Raw Dark... 3/5 (30 Votes)
- Zucchini and Feta Bread 3.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini gratin with goat cheese... 3/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Mom Otteson’s Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!