Marinated Seared Tuna
- - A beautiful tuna steak - 3 or 4 cm thick
- - Teriyaki sauce (found in Asian stores)
- - Sesame oil
- - Some pinches of 5 spices
- - 2 carrots
- - 1 zucchini
- - 1 red pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the tuna into four steak, being careful not to leave any cartilage or bones. Marinate the steaks in teriyaki sauce with a little sesame oil. Attention, sesame oil has a strong taste, so a few drops will suffice. Sprinkle a few pinches of five spices. Keep cool and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat dry non-stick pan. When the pan is hot, add the marinated tuna steaks, 30 seconds on each side. The tuna should remain raw in the middle, and caramelized on the outside.
Cut vegetables; julienne carrots, zucchini and peppers. Dip them for a few minutes in boiling salted water. Make sure the vegetables remain crunchy, usually less than 5 minutes is enough.
Serve with tuna and enjoy.
You'll also love
- Cilantro Fish 3.2/5 (175 Votes)
- Stuffed Peppers 3.1/5 (178 Votes)
- Indian Carrot Salad 3.1/5 (245 Votes)
- Duck breast with Raspberry marinade 2.9/5 (214 Votes)
- Tunisian Octopus Salad 2.9/5 (204 Votes)
- Indian yellow lentils with zucchini 3.1/5 (222 Votes)
- Squid Provencal 3.4/5 (198 Votes)
- Carrots, Potatoes and Parsnip... 5/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!