Steak recipes that aren't beef
Steak doesn't have to be beef! Put down the beef, get creative, and try out these fantastic alternative recipes.
© The Ravenous Couple
Wickedly juicy and tender, these mouthwatering steaks aren't super-rare beef, but watermelon! Coated in sherry, butter, salt and pepper and roasted in the oven for 2.5 hours, then served with mint, feta cheese and a balsamic reduction they are truly irresistible. The roasting gives this normally crunchy fruit a beautiful softness, and the natural sweetness peeks out through the savory flavors. Delectable.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.