Steak with Mushroom Sauce
This mushroom sauce is a light but flavorful sauce that pairs well with a good cut of meat. you can almost use any cut of meat with this sauce. I like using T-Bone steak because the bone helps to add extra flavor to the steak.
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. t-bone steak
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 lb. of button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Parsley
- finely chopped
- 1/2 of a small onion
- thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Take steak out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking. Season the steak on both sides with onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
After the steak has rested for 30 minutes. heat a nonstick frying pan on medium high heat. When pan is hot, add the oil. Place steak in frying pan. Cook steak for 4-5 minutes. Flip steak and cook another 4-5 minutes. (for medium rare internal temp. on thermometer is 145ºF). Remove steak and place on plate. Cover with foil.
Make the sauce. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the onions, cooking for about 3 minutes until they are soft and translucent. Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender. Add the chicken broth and reduce the sauce to 1/2 cup. Add the butter. Take the sauce off the burner and add the chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top the steak with the mushroom sauce. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- mushroom and nettle tart 4.8/5 (73 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Risotto 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Steak with Pepper Cognac Sauce 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Tony's Fish 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Ultimate Homemade BBQ Chicken 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Hamburg stuff 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Roquefort and Mushrooms Quiche 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Meat marinades 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!