Surprising Summer Dishes You Can Make In The Crockpot
Slow cooking isn't just for winter! Check out these amazing summer-friendly recipes you can make right in your trusty crockpot...
1/25 View slideshow
© The Real Food Dieticians
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
Spicy buffalo wings-style chicken with cool ranch dressing makes this recipe a total summer winner. The chicken only takes about 10 minutes to prep, and while it is in the crockpot (4-6 hours), you can whip up a quick ranch dressing and pop the sweet potatoes in the oven. Get all the details here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Crispy Zucchini Potato Cakes
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Comment on this article