Surprising Summer Dishes You Can Make In The Crockpot
Slow cooking isn't just for winter! Check out these amazing summer-friendly recipes you can make right in your trusty crockpot...
© The Real Food Dieticians
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
Spicy buffalo wings-style chicken with cool ranch dressing makes this recipe a total summer winner. The chicken only takes about 10 minutes to prep, and while it is in the crockpot (4-6 hours), you can whip up a quick ranch dressing and pop the sweet potatoes in the oven. Get all the details here.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!