- 1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 Can Apple Pie Filling*
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
* Mix dry cake mix right from the box with the entire can of fruit filling.
* Pour into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish
* Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes until set in center and lightly browned. I suggest a clear glass pan for this so you can watch it.
* I'm sure you could use a traditional angel food pan, I just never have
* This will sink all over as it cools so don't be alarmed.
* This is very delicious with cool whip and or fresh fruits and berries on top of each slice.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!