The Best Desserts For Summer
Summertime means long hot days, balmy evenings, piles of fresh produce and of course, great food. These are the best desserts to make now!
1/30 View slideshow
© Minimalist Baker
Coconut Lime Watermelon Slushie
What fruit says summer more than a big, juicy watermelon? This gorgeous and simple recipe ticks all the boxes for a hot-weather dessert: it's refreshing, sweet and healthy. All you need to make it is a watermelon, coconut milk, a blender or food processor and a dash of lime juice. Bring on the heat!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Comment on this article