Yellow squash pie
Squash in a pie
- 1/2 cup grated yellow squash,1 tblesp cornstarch,3 eggs,1/2 cup sugar, dash of salt,1 tsp vanilla,2 cups can milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Sprinkle nutmeg into mixture
Sprinkle cinnamon on top after placing in a 9" pie shell
Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 min
Test with fork
You'll also love
- Yellow Squash Soup 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Lamb Stew 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Sweet Apple Turnovers 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Shortcut Chocolate Coconut Cream... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Southwestern Creamy Chicken... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Pie 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Squash Relish 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin pie w/vanilla topping 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!