By Sobylk - Mamacook
- 1 pie crust - storebought or homemade
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar (divided)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the sticks of rhubarb the day before. Cut into sections of 2 to 3 cm, sprinkle with sugar and let stand overnight.
Prepare the pastry if making a homemade crust.
Beat the cream with 2/3 cup sugar, 1 whole egg and one yolk. Reserve the egg white. Mix until you have a smooth cream.
Line a pie plate with your dough. Mix the rhubarb with the cream and spread over dough. Bake in hot oven (425 ° F).
Bake 30 to 45 min. Remove the pie and put the oven on 450 ° F.
Beat the whites until stiff with 1/4 cup sugar. Spread over pie.
Place the pie back in the oven. Monitor because the meringue turns quickly. Bon appetit!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!