- 3 1/3 lbs of fresh figs
- 1 shortbread dough premade
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 7 tbsp margarine
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425 F
Gently wash the figs under running cold water. Dry on a towel.
In a pie plate, spread out the pastry. Prick with a fork. Precook for 15 minutes covered with a sheet of parchment paper and pastry weights or beans. Allow to cool.
Arrange figs over dough.
Add some small pieces of margarine. Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 35 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!