Jello Cream Cheese Pie
This is yet another recipe from Grandma Rose. I loved to make and eat this as a little girl and still love to!
- 4 C. softened marg.
- 1/2 C. chopped walnuts
- 1-1/4 C. flour
- 1/4 C. brown sugar.
- 1-3oz. package flavored Jello
- 1-8oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 9 oz. Cool Whip
- 1-large package Jello
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Crust: 3/4 C. softened marg., 1/2 C. chopped walnuts, 1-1/4 C. flour, 1/4 C. brown sugar. Pt firmly into 9x13 pan and bake for 15 min. at 350 until brown. Watch closely as it can burn. Cool.
1--Dissolve: 1-3oz. package flavored Jello in 1 C. hot water. Cool. Cream together 1-8oz. cream cheese, 3/4 C. sugar. Add to 9 oz. Cool Whip. Mix well. Add to cooled jello. Pour on top of cooled crust. Chill until firm.
2--Dissolve: 1-large package Jello in 3 C. hot water. Cool. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Chill until firm.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!