- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond flavouring
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cream together butter and sugar. Add the remaining ingredients (except egg yolk). Press into a 9 inch pie plate and brush with egg yolk.
Bake 325 F for 30 minutes.
Most recipes I use are from a cook book that my aunt gets from their church.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!