- Sweet Potato, Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel 1 sweet potato and boil for 30 minutes
Mash boiled sweet potato in a bowl with 1/2 a teaspoon of ground ginger, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 a cup of flour
Patty the mixture into mini cakes and fry in shallow oil (only about 3 tablespoons of oil) for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side
You'll also love
- Passion Fruit and Strawberry Creme... 4.1/5 (60 Votes)
- Deep Fried batter 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Uluntha vadai 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Shortcut Chocolate Coconut Cream... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Firehouse sweet potatoes 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Quick French Toast 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Big momma cinnamon roll 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Gramma's Chocolate Cake 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.