Judy's Hot Milk Cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cup sugar
- almost 2 sticks of butter or margarine
- 2 tsp vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat milk and butter on the stove or microwave
Beat eggs. Add sugar until blended. Add flour and baking powder.
Slowly pour in hot milk and butter. Add vanilla
Blend for a few minutes.
Pour into a greased and floured bunt or tube pan.
Bake in 350F oven for 55 minutes to an hour.
Let cool 15-20 minutes and remove from pan onto rack. Frost.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!