By Chef Damien
- For the roux:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- For the bechamel sauce:
- 1 scant cup of milk
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- For the Mornay sauce:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Melt in butter small saucepan over very low heat.
- Add the flour when the butter is melted and simmer for 3 minutes, whisking.
- Add the milk, a pinch of nutmeg and some salt.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly and cook one minute to boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the grated cheese and egg yolk.
- Use or refrigerate
You'll also love
- Matzah Pudding 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Caramel Sauce 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Aunt Bonnie's BBQ Sauce 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Kalakand 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Chinese Cabbage 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Creamy New England Style Cheesy... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Fettucine Alfredo 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!