By Chef Damien
- For the roux:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- For the bechamel sauce:
- 1 scant cup of milk
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- For the Mornay sauce:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Melt in butter small saucepan over very low heat.
- Add the flour when the butter is melted and simmer for 3 minutes, whisking.
- Add the milk, a pinch of nutmeg and some salt.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly and cook one minute to boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the grated cheese and egg yolk.
- Use or refrigerate
You'll also love
- Rice Crust 2.5/5 (180 Votes)
- Tomato Sauce 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Classic Deep Fried Batter 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Delicious Red Pepper Pecan Cheese... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Pork Fillet, French Toast with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Dad's Peanut Butter Fudge 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!