Khoorabia (Armenian Butter Cookies)
Armenian butter cookies
These traditional Armenian cookies might be simple to make, but they taste absolutely incredible! We highly recommend.
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1.5 c icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- well beaten
- .5 tsp almond extract
- 3 c unbleached flour
- ground pistachios
- icing sugar to sprinkle over cookies
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Melt butter on very low til melted. Do not stir. Skim off the foam.Pour the clarified butter into a bowl,leaving the white stuff for other cooking.
Cool in the fridge for half an hour, then beat with mixer til fluffy.
Add icing sugar, and blend together.Add egg yolks and extract.Mix in flour.
put dough onto lightly floured surface and roll into a long "snake". Cut at 2" intervals, and place on cookie sheets, making them "S" shaped.Sprinkle a bit of the nuts on top.
Bake 300 degrees for 20 mins. Allow cookies to cool completely before removing, as they are delicate.
Sift icing sugar over the cookies.
work quickly, the warmer the dough, the more difficult to handle
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (235 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Butter Cookies 3.8/5 (48 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.