Hint of Lemon Banana Bread
Yummilicious banana bread has a tiny hint of lemon that takes this bread over the top!
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- chopped nuts (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Combine bananas and lemon juice; mix well.
Cream together shortening and sugar in a medium mixing bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and beat thoroughly until light.
Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Fold in bananas and nuts. Pour even amounts into two (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch) loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. ENJOY!!
You'll also love
- Apple Pie 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Passion Fruit and Strawberry Creme... 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Torte 3.9/5 (54 Votes)
- Quick French Toast 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Big momma cinnamon roll 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Griddle Bread 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Nut-Free Banana Bread 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Homemade Banana Bread 3/5 (266 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Wondering why we've made a video how to peel a banana? Thinking you already know how it's done? Are you sure? What if we told you you've been peeling bananas the Wrong Way?! Watch the video to find out how you'll be peeling banana's from now on!