By Henriette Cubilier
- 1lb of strawberries
- 1/2 a lemon's juice
- juice of 2 oranges
- Few sprigs of mint
- Few white peppercorns
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 4 scoops of ice cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash and hull strawberries. Wipe them gently and cut into slices fanning them on four serving plates. Sprinkle with lemon juice as you go. Store in a refrigerator.
In a small bowl add the orange juice, brown sugar, pepper and vanilla bean. Keep this sauce refrigerated.
Just before serving, place in center of plate 4 large mint leaves. Put the ice cream on the mint leaves. Pour the sauce over the carpaccio.
Serve with lemon cookies. This dessert is a very cool treat after a good meal.
You'll also love
- Shortcake strawberry goo 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Sugar Cream Pie 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Egg and Cheese Puffs 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Marinated beef with cream of morels 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry daiquiri 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Filled Chocolate Cake... 3.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3/5 (223 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!