Apple and breton biscuits tart #Tarte aux pommes et biscuits bretons
I created this recipe for a no bake pie (my kitchen is currently out of order). No need for pie crust only a good cookie that will cover the bottom of your dish.
- 6-8 oz butter cookies
- 1 1/3 sticks of unsalted butter
- 3 1/3 lbs kg of apples
- 4 tbsp water,
- 4 tbsp of liquid cane sugar
- 2 tbsp of Amaretto
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- Filling: 5 or 6 apples, honey and water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Make the cake:
Place cookies in a freezer bag and close it. Take a rolling pin and crush all cookies. There should be only crumbs and no lumps. Empty everything in a bowl.
Melt the butter in the microwave until melted and add to the biscuits. Mixing everything by hand. The cookies must be wet and but still crumbly. They should not make a paste.
Take a 7 to 9 inch circle or spring form pan and place on baking paper. Cover the bottom of the circle or pan with the butter and cookie preparation. Stir with a spoon to get an even level of cookie crust and refrigerate.
Peel all the apples and core (reserve 5 or 6 for garnish).
Cut into pieces (3cm) and place in a saucepan. Add water and cook on high. When the water boils, add the sugar, liqueur and vanilla bean (split in half and scrape the inside with a knife). Then reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir occasionally.
When preparing the stewed crushed apples add the remaining butter. Do not hesitate to add sugar or butter according to your taste.
Put in a bowl and let cool. For faster cooling mix from time. Do not chill. Note that the most ripe apples will sweeten the filling.
Use the reserved apples and cut into slices. In a skillet over high heat add a little water and honey to make a syrup. When everything is hot fry the apples. Do not cook all the apples at the same time: the aim is to create flavor and cook.
Remove the circle or pan from the fridge, the cookie crust must be hard (with butter solidified). If this is not the case move the circle in the freezer 5min max.
On top of the crust spoon crushed apple mixture using a spatula. Spoon to a height of 1cm.
Divide topping apple slices throughout the circle. Each slice should overlap to form a circle. Repeat the pattern how you choose.
Once the pattern is satisfactory, use liquid honey (melted in the microwave) and cover the apples with a brush.
Refrigerate until tasting.
To serve remove the circle.
Utensils: 1 circle of 7-9 inches, 1 spatula, 1 pastry brush, 1 rolling pin, 1 freezing bag, 2 bowls
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.8/5 (232 Votes)
- Tomato Tart 4.8/5 (55 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (74 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Maple Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4/5 (375 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Decadent Apple Pie Bites 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4/5 (160 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.