How to make the best apple tart filling - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Apple tart filling recipes
Mini Apple Pies
By kakesbykatie.cake, Baking My Way Through Germany
Mini Apple Pies. Discover our recipe
- Pie dough
- 2 Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 egg beaten
- 100g Marzipan (this is the best part!)
- Egg wash
Ditch the pie pan with these 11 mouthwatering rustic fruit tarts
By Pascale Weeks
No pie pan? No problem!
Apple Pomegranate Pie Pops
Unique pie on a stick, fruity and yummy
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 10 paper lollipop sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
BREAKING: Dessert items recalled from USA shelves
(June 1, 2017) Recalled due to serious MILK ALLERGY RISK
By amel, http://amelyahyaoui.wix.com/fares
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-incj cubes
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon ice water or more.
- 8 large about 4 pounds Golden Delicious or other tart apples
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for the tart top
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Apple and breton biscuits tart #Tarte aux pommes et biscuits bretons
I created this recipe for a no bake pie (my kitchen is currently out of order)
- 6-8 oz butter cookies
- 1 1/3 sticks of unsalted butter
- 3 1/3 lbs kg of apples
- 4 tbsp water,
- 4 tbsp of liquid cane sugar
- 2 tbsp of Amaretto
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- Filling: 5 or 6 apples, honey and water