Apple Pomegranate Pie Pops
Unique pie on a stick, fruity and yummy.
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts
- softened as directed on box
- 10 paper lollipop sticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Please read tips.
1 Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
2 In 1-quart saucepan, mix apples, brown sugar, pomegranate juice and cornstarch. Heat to boiling over medium heat; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is very thick and apples are tender. Remove from heat; stir in pomegranate seeds.
3 Remove pie crusts from pouches; unroll on lightly floured work surface. Using 3-inch scalloped or round cookie cutter, cut 10 rounds from each crust.
4 Place 10 of the rounds on cookie sheet; gently press 1 lollipop stick into each round. Spoon 1 tablespoon apple filling on rounds with sticks. Place second round on top of each; gently press edges to seal. Lightly brush tops with melted butter.
5 Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.