Mini Apple Pies
A personal apple pie for everyone just the size of a cupcake!
Mini Apple Pies. Discover our recipe.
- Pie dough
- 2 Apples
- cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 egg beaten
- 100g Marzipan (this is the best part!)
- Egg wash
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Mix together the apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves in a large bowl.
Work the egg and the marzipan together with your hands to form a paste. Fold it into the apple mixture.
Roll out the pie dough and with a cookie cutter, cut out circles and lay into the cupcake forms. Fill the cupcake cups with the apple pie filling. To make the adorable criss-crossed top, cut out strips of the dough. Start by laying two strips perpendicular to one on the edge of the form. Add one strip at a time, threading the strip over and under to create the design.
Brush the top of the dough with an egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until the top in browned and the inside is bubbling.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1439 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (354 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.6/5 (334 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (217 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (182 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Amazing Kinder Bueno Flavored Ice... 4.4/5 (153 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4.2/5 (117 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (70 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.