Pilgrim Pumpkin Bars
This recipe was my Son TJ's submission to his 1st grade class holiday cookbook and became a family favorite!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. oil
- 1 C. canned pumpkin
- 1 C. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2tsp nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 C. raisins
- 1/4 C. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 C. coconut
- Browned Butter Frosting:
- 1/3 C. butter
- 1 3/4 C. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBLS. milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Grease and flour sheet cake pan. Beat together eggs, sugars, oil and pumpkin. In separate bowl mix flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add to wet ingredients. Mix well. Mix in raisins, nuts and coconut.
Pour into pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Frost while still a little warm.
Browned Butter Frosting:
Melt butter over low heat until lightly browned. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add milk as needed. Beat until smooth enough to spread. Refrigerate.
Cake is wonderful served warm!
You'll also love
- Natural Juice French Apple Pie 3.3/5 (188 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake 4.2/5 (67 Votes)
- Cheesecake 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Awesomest Pumpkin Pie Ever 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Gorganzala Salad (copycat... 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Homemade Custard 4/5 (50 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.